Let’s face it, office space can be a little boring. Green plants can add vitality and organic interest, not to mention improve air quality and encourage a calm environment. Whether for health, for aesthetic purposes, or to create separation in your space, here is a list of the indoor plants you should consider adding in 2017!
The following plants thrive in low light, so are perfect for offices without a lot of windows
* The peace lily – also cleans the air.
* The Chinese evergreen – requires very little maintenance and will effectively remove toxins from the air.
* The parlor palm (a small tree) – also a good choice for creating natural space separations.
* The fittonia plant – actually thrives on fluorescent light, and has oversized, patterned leaves great for focal interest. (photo)
Although all plants clean and detoxify the air to some degree, these are particularly useful.
* English ivy – removes such unsavory air particles as airborne fecal matter and formaldehyde, perfect for offices without sufficient
fresh air circulating.
* Dracaena shrub – detoxifies the air from pollutants in varnishes and oils that are present in offices with hardwood floors. (photo)
* The gerbera daisy plant – can filter benzene, a substance emitted by some printing systems.
* The weeping fig – can filter pollutants from carpets and furniture, such as formaldehyde and benzene.
* Aloe plants – air-filtering qualities include formaldehyde and benzene. Plants also treat cuts and burns and can fit on a desk.
* The azalea – beautiful flowering plants that filter formaldehyde. Best in offices that stay chilly.
Using plants to create green dividers and walls is beautiful, functional, and even muffles sound.
* In addition to the dracaena and parlor palm mentioned above, the tall snake plant makes a striking natural partition.
* The Ming Aralia – low maintenance, tall, and with full leaves, this plant is perfect for privacy between workstations.
Finally, the jade plant is a small, low maintenance succulent plant with small flowers. Although it is not necessarily functional, Japanese tradition holds that having this plant in your office brings financial success. So why not add a few for good measure?
The experts at Beneva Plantscapes can help you to determine the very best green plants to help you meet your interior decorating goals. Call us to set up a consultation for your Sarasota area business!